Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Cookie time!

Melodie's birthday is approaching fast! And of course, she wants a Princess Sofia birthday party.

So, to keep that weekend from being insane, I've gone ahead & made sugar cookies, iced them, & all frozen to keep 'em tasty for the big party!

I've made sugar cookies before, but decided to hunt around Pinterest for something new.

I found THIS sugar cookie recipe! YUM!! Her instructions were fairly simple & I enjoyed some of the tips she provided! The only change I made was instead of 1 1/2 tsp vanilla, I did 1 tsp vanilla & 1/2 tsp almond. Just to be different. The hubby & kids taste tested the broken ones, that's all the approval I needed!

Of course, they fit the theme...

Well, as pretty as they were, I wanted to do more! I have a friend at work that who always has the BEST icing on her sugar cookies! It's her mom's recipe, & I begged & pleaded...turns out it wasn't some special cookie icing, but buttercream! But wow, yummy!

"Mom's" Recipe
Melt 3/4 stick butter
Add 1lb powdered sugar & 1 tsp vanilla
Add about 4 Tbsp of milk
Beat slowly & add more milk until you reach desired consistency

See? It was easy! Granted, I just went with an entire stick of butter & a little extra vanilla, & alternated adding sugar & milk til it looked like enough & tasted & felt the way I wanted it to.
(Yeah, I STINK at recipes...I have to change SOMEthing!!)


So, I slathered it on, added sprinkles, candy pearls, & used that spray on food coloring, then layered on a cookie sheet to freeze so they'd be stack-able. Melodie was begging for one. I appeased her with a Popsicle! Don't wanna run out on party day!


So, they're all frozen & ready for party day! Next project...getting fondant squares ready for a MineCraft cake I need the weekend after her party!

No comments:

Post a Comment