Friday, September 6, 2013

Just healthier...

I am getting...frustrated at my weight. It's been an issue with me for the last 20 years. Maybe even before then. I keep reading posts, articles, etc, of folks that did THIS, or THAT to lose weight. Some tips are for busy moms. Some are for moms on a budget. But I see TIPS. HOW to do it. Or the weight loss is less than 20 lbs. when it's a success story. Or if it's a lot of weight, it was with kids OR on a budget. Again, never both.

But then, as I log in to Blogger, I see the post of a friend of mine. The Life of a Christian Girl 
And the verse in it gives me pause.

1 Samuel 16:7 "But the Lord said to Samuel, 'Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.' "

It encourages me. Yes, I still need to lose weight. For health reasons if nothing else. But I don't have to have a goal of skinny, or a certain clothing size. Just healthier. Suddenly, the pressure is off.


No comments:

Post a Comment