Thursday, February 6, 2014

For boys too!!!

OK, everyone (well, everyone that thinks about it) has looked at, seen, or contemplated a princess style ring for their daughter when she turns 16 to remind her she's worth waiting for. (Yes, Hubby & I have discussed it, it's happening).

Well, my daughter is 4....but I have a boy that's 12, so he's my main concern in this department first. My first Google search for "promise ring boy" almost made me angry, as most of the results were especially feminine. Hello? I specified BOY!

Thankfully, my brain kicked in & I realized I wanted specifically something in reference to True Love Waits. I LOVE the verse that goes along with the idea.

1 Timothy 4:12 (NIV)  Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

 So, now my results were MUCH more what I was looking for to give my son(s). (Yes, Bubby will have to hit this stage before the Baby Girl too.....scary!) These are MY three favorites, but I guess we'll see which he likes at that point. Right now, he's more of a bracelet kinda guy, so maybe that should be my next search!




Now, before anyone gets all bent out of shape. It's NOT just my religious beliefs that make me want to encourage my children to wait. I did not myself. I wouldn't have my oldest if I had, possibly none of them, as that is truly what "pushed" my marriage to happen. (We've beat just about every statistic out there...we're just cool). 

But at the same time, and I'm sure I've indicated this before, I feel something is missing from my relationship due to not waiting. It won't break my marriage, not in the least. But not everyone is me & the hubby. Like I said, we're just cool! :-D But like any parent, I want more for my children than I have for myself. And I'll do all that I can to ensure that...without turning them into spoiled brats.

No comments:

Post a Comment